[openstack-dev] [nova][keystone] why nova/keystone require exact WebOb==1.0.8?

Sascha Peilicke saschpe at suse.de
Thu Dec 13 10:52:06 UTC 2012

Am 13.12.2012 09:44, schrieb Lu, Lianhao:
> Hi guys,
>
> Does anyone know why nova/keystone require exact 1.0.8 version of WebOb? In my system, I have another python module pecan which requires WebOb>=1.2dev, this resulted some conflict.
WebOb is notorious for doing API-incompatible changes, so if nobody
tests and does the fixes, the exact version requirement is necessary.

But at least for glance, we won't need to depend on the exact version
for much longer, I submitted some fixes. But I haven't looked at nova &
keystone yet.

> Best Regards,
>
> -Lianhao

With kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)