[openstack-dev] Folsom Quantum Context object + OVS Plugin code

hitesh wadekar hitesh.wadekar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 01:59:08 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

I am walking through the OVS Plugin code and configured Quantum without
Keystone (noauth). However, I am confused here about 'context' object
(/quantum/context.py). I observed that, context object contains security
info on the requested information. as I configured noauth, I am getting the
information in context object is 'None'.

Can any one elaborate me more on 'context'? how it's been generating? ..may
be a sample work flow will be sufficient to understand (request to context)

At the OVS plugin side, here, Since the context contain *None
tenant_id*(because
*noauth* configuration) and *is_admin* is "TRUE", then How the network info
is being populated from DB? In this case, I want to populate the network
info based on tenant instead admin user.

def get_networks(self, context, filters=None, fields=None):
        *nets = super(OVSQuantumPluginV2, self).get_networks(context,
filters, None)  <----- What will be happened after executing this line? How
can we debug this call to understand the concept?
        *for net in nets:
            self._extend_network_dict_provider(context, net)
            self._extend_network_dict_l3(context, net)

        # TODO(rkukura): Filter on extended provider attributes.
        nets = self._filter_nets_l3(context, nets, filters)

Cheer,
Hitesh