[openstack-dev] Image Building in OpenStack - PoC Video

Steve Loranz steveloranz at me.com
Tue Dec 11 18:49:09 UTC 2012

This is only part of what imagefactory does. Oz doesn't translate an image to the target image format for a specific cloud. This is what imagefactory does. For some clouds, there is more to be done here than for others. Oz also does not push the image to a cloud provider where you can instantiate the image. Again, this is part of what imagefactory does.

It's a mistake to view imagefactory as a REST interface to Oz. Instead, view Oz as a python package one of the imagefactory plugins currently uses for part of what imagefactory does.

-steve