[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Trusts and Explicit Impersonation

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 18:51:51 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 01:36 PM, Mark Washenberger wrote:
> David, Adam, (other Trusts/Auth folks. . .),
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks!

Yep, that is trusts.

>>> I've been following the discussion of Keystone Trusts with interest, and
>>> some questions have presented themselves. Is there some way we could
>>> manipulate the Trust mechanism to provide the auth feature Glance needs?
Yes, although remember the trust is going to provide a token with roles,
and it is up to Glance policy to enforce the role based access.
>>> Another (scarier for me) question: does the Trusts proposal conflict with my
>>> feature request?
No, it implements it.

BTW, your blueprint seems to also have a hint of the multifactor
blueprint in it.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/multi-factor-authn