[openstack-dev] Blueprint proposal: Drop setuptools_git for including data/config files

Ionuț Arțăriși iartarisi at suse.cz
Mon Dec 10 14:29:34 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 12:04 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Sascha, Ionuț:
>
> Did you solve your issues with the various proposed workarounds ? I was
> planning on pushing setuptools_git use on the projects that don't use it
> yet, but if it still causes headaches for you I'd rather hold.
>
> Regards,

Thanks, Thierry. We're probably going to go with Alan's suggestion of
using the tarballs at tarballs.openstack.org. They already have the
python package built with all the proper files from setuptools_git.
We'll have some scripts to pick up versioning/changelog information from
the ChangeLog file inside the tarball instead of git.

-Ionuț