[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][Quantum][LBaaS] Quantum components needed for the LBaaS service

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 6 19:04:38 UTC 2012

Youcef,

Thanks for the diagram, it quite close to what we are proposing.
A couple of additional notes:
1) We may think of scheduler as a just a part of device management plugin
since it is nothing more than an algorithm working on device list.
2) We probably doesn't need separate "device agent" component and process.
Any kind of device-specific task may be handled by common "advanced service
agent" which routes messages from Adv Svc Plugins and Device Management
Plugin to corresponding device-specific code.

You may also look at workflow of pool creation operation as well as
component diagram:
http://wiki.openstack.org/Quantum/LBaaS/Architecture/Scheduler

Thanks,
Eugene.