[openstack-dev] Quantum Folsom + noauth issue with tenant_id

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Thu Dec 6 16:50:07 UTC 2012

adding openstack-dev list, for a wider set of people who can comment and
learn.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM, hitesh wadekar <hitesh.wadekar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Recently, I have installed Quantum on REHL 6.3 from the source. I have a
> couple of questions, please help me out.
>
> 1. We are using only Quantum service and developing our own plug-in +
> extension. However, I have configure Quantum as *'noauth'*. for that I
> did only one changes in Quantum.conf file, no other changes (api paste file
> is same as by defualt settings).
>
> According to our docs, if we configure Quantum with no KS (Keystone), then
> we should pass fake token, so that it will be consider as a tenant_id for
> the resources, this is my understanding. Next step, I requested (GET) to
> networks, *(curl -i http://0.0.0.0:9696/v2.0/networks.json -X GET -H
> "Accept: application/json" -H "X-Auth-Token:
> 3bcc3d3a03f44e3d8377f9247b0ad155") . *While debugging the code, I
> observed that, at the plugin side, *def get_networks(self, context,
> filters=None, fields=None):*, the context object, *context.tenant_id* is
> getting *None*.
>
> *ANY idea* why this would be *blank*?  I could guess that since KS has
> not configured, tenant_id would be blank (Note: I didn;t debug the code
> completely).

I haven't rechecked the code, but I think that if keystone is not
installed, the context will be an admin one, with no tenant set.  The
requirement would be that each request would include a specific tenant_id
as part of the request (e.g., using the --tenant_id flag from the CLI),
since we can't grab one implicitly from keystone.

> 2. Do we need AMQP server should be installed (as dependencies), if we are
> not going to use an agent?  ( I observed that while requesting PUT, it's
> giving me an error for AMQP server unreachable)

Even if you don't have agents, AMQP is probably used for notifications.  If
you don't want to run notifications, you can probably change the default
notification_driver to:

notification_driver = quantum.openstack.common.notifier.no_op_notifier

Note that the current DHCP agent relies on notifications, so if you're
using DHCP, don't change this from the default rpc_driver .

Dan

--
Dan Wendlandt