[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Trust Specification Updated

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 10:01:31 UTC 2012

Hi Adam

thinking again about the implementation of delegation/trusts and the
defaults for the various parameters, we have essentially two different
types of parameters: the attributes being delegated and the policy
constraints on this delegation.

The attributes currently comprise the tenant and role(s).
The policy constraints comprise: endpoints, duration, delegation depth
etc. New constraints may be added with time as user demand requires.

We should consider two types of delegation: unconstrained where the
policy constraints are missing (actually default values apply), and
constrained where non-default values for the various policy parameters
are provided by the delegator.

This means that several changes will need to be made to the current spec.

1. All policy constraints should be optional parameters
2. All policy constraints should have default values which do not
constrain the delegation

The above mean for example that endpoints should become optional, and
delegation depth default should be infinity not zero.

Comments please

David