[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Trust Specification Updated

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Tue Dec 4 11:04:52 UTC 2012

Hi Gabriel

you make some good points

On 03/12/2012 22:41, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
> Good to know re: the ports. Still curious if there's any thought to
> capabilities that might be allowed via expanded RBAC permissions for
> an "administrative user"...

This should certainly be allowed, and could be via an admin port rather
than a user port.

  specifically when it comes to the
> sections about the trustor ID always being the user making the POST

this also needs refining when recursive delegation is implemented, since
the original trustee becomes the trustor in the second delegation.

> and that "Only the trustor or trustee will be able to access this
> URL. Any other user will get a 403 (Forbidden)." A few possible
> things an administrator might think to do are to "clean up" trusts if
> they get out-of-whack somehow, or to try and audit/understand the
> trusts in the system.

there needs to be a housekeeping routine which regulary disposes of
expired (and unrevoked) trusts. This might run periodically or also be
kicked off by an administrator.

David

  Maybe these aren't the kinds of use cases we