[openstack-dev] [keystone] Standardizing the approach to pip-requires dependencies

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 05:41:03 UTC 2012

There was a summit session on using a common dependency list and I think
the consensus there was to remove the upper bounds on dependencies where
possible (eg not sqlalchemy where version 0.8 breaks the current projects).
Then, when stable branches for releases are cut, the dependencies for those
projects would have upper bounds added for the currently available versions
(the versions of dependencies that the gate will be testing against at that
time). That way changes in upstream don't break the stable branches. Might
be worth running this by markmc and/or mordred to make sure I am
remembering correctly.

Also, the above decisions were made assuming there would be a common
dependency list across openstack projects. Perhaps we should put more
resources behind that effort to reduce the occurrence of these odd
dependency problems.

Clark