[openstack-dev] Making pbr an Oslo package

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 16:12:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-29 at 10:36 -0800, Monty Taylor wrote:

> On 11/26/2012 02:01 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> >    - If we still have a bunch of work to do here, isn't pbr effectively
> >      in Incubation? Would it make sense to move it back into
> >      oslo-incubator for a while? At least that would reduce the
> >      confusion around the current stuff being stale.
>
> We could just ignore the pbr repo and consider the task "extract
> openstack.common.{version|setup} to oslo-build." OR, I could take the
> refactoring in pbr and move that back in to oslo-incubator first, then
> do the extraction. Or I could just rename pbr, give up on the setuptools
> bootstrap issue and start migrating projects to it. I'm game for any of
> them...

Sorry for the slow response.

The second option would be my preference if you really are up for any of
the options - i.e. take the ideas from PBR, evolve the code in
oslo-incubator and then split it out as oslo-build.

I've updated the blueprint:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo/+spec/oslo-build

Cheers,
Mark.