[openstack-dev] rabbit_durable_queues config in devstack

Nachi Ueno nachi at nttmcl.com
Tue Dec 4 04:32:36 UTC 2012

Hi Folks

devstack for quantum is not working because
rabbit_durable_queues setting is different with quantum and glance.
Quantum and Glance shares notification queue, so both of these settings
should be same.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/1086167

The cause of this problem is glance config settings.

https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/commit/71cf53a9f60176419732f3ecbbce11c75190c059

However durable_glance_queues looks always true, because the default
exchanges are durable.

At least, rabbit_durable_queues settings in devstack should be consistant.
How about add new env for this?

RABBIT_DURABLE_QUEUE=${RABBIT_DURABLE_QUEUE:-True}

I'm going to setup Quantum and Glance and Nova, but if another project
needs this settings, please let me know.

Thanks
Nachi