[openstack-dev] [Notifications] Glance, Quantum et al.

Mark McClain mark.mcclain at dreamhost.com
Tue Dec 4 01:21:58 UTC 2012

I've been digging some more and this bug is an unintended side-effect of this patch:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15735/

The check for durable exchanges will always evaluate to True because there are certain exchanges that are always durable:

On a fresh rabbitmq server:

vagrant at vagrant-precise:/etc/glance$ sudo rabbitmqctl list_exchanges name durable | grep true | wc -l
8
vagrant at vagrant-precise:/etc/glance$ sudo rabbitmqctl list_exchanges name durable | grep true
amq.rabbitmq.trace	true
amq.rabbitmq.log	true
amq.match	true
amq.headers	true
amq.topic	true
amq.direct	true
amq.fanout	true
	true

Now that Glance has been fixed, shouldn't we remove this work around from devstack?

mark