[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Administrator Guide - quantum.conf

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:01:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:
> with code. Can anyone describe why hyphens are needed at the command line
> and underscores in the config file? How can we make it consistent both
> places?

The change of the CLI options to use dashes as word separators is
meant to make the CLI more consistent with user expectations for long
options in general where most of the rest of the world uses dashes
rather than underscores.  We do map dashes to underscores for
equivalent environment variables.

The other distinction here is that the *.conf files are used by the
services that run in OpenStack and limited to operators visibility
where the CLI is totally end-user-facing.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com