[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Administrator Guide - quantum.conf

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 13:34:46 UTC 2012

Hi Anne,

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 08:25 -0500, Anne Gentle wrote:

>         One small issue - change the hyphen to underscore in the
>         logging config
>         options. The hyphen is only correct when passing the option on
>         the
>         command line.
>

> This is so strange to have to document that I want to believe we can
> fix it with code. Can anyone describe why hyphens are needed at the
> command line and underscores in the config file? How can we make it
> consistent both places?

The difference between the command line and config file isn't a docs
issue really, IMHO. Only a tiny number of config options are available
on the command line, the two things need to be documented separately
anyway.

The docs for the config file options should just have underscores, as I
did for nova:

  https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/63cc191c2d

Cheers,
Mark.