[openstack-dev] Which mailing list?

groupie stopmakingsense at gmx.de
Tue Aug 28 07:22:42 UTC 2012

On 28.08.2012 00:01, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On Mon 27 Aug 2012 02:08:48 PM PDT, Jason Kölker wrote:
>> I've noticed that both this list and the old launchpad lists are being
>> used. Which is the correct list?
>
> Right, we are in the middle of a renovation :)
>
> The situation *at the moment* is summarized on
> http://wiki.openstack.org/MailingLists

Being new to the openstack lists, I did wonder about this as I tried to
figure out which list I might need to subscribe to. Why not explain it
in the wiki and point at least the new people to a new list - and to the
old list then send regular reminders to subscribe to and future post on
the new list.

Like "General List" => Legacy Lists - "The Old General List": Dont use
it no more, here are the archives. Remove the join description.

As there does not seem to be a replacement for general purpose of the
old general list at the moment, create it and make it available; praise it!

"Help"
The list to ask for and give help :) Post your tutorials and howtos here ...

You cannot make everyone jump from Old to New, so you have to start a
transition one day. Better today then tomorrow :)

Cheers,
Clemens