[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Nova and virtual NICs

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Aug 28 00:22:17 UTC 2012

In my opinion, we should ask ourselves how important it is than in the
transition from nova-network to quantum the same behaviour concerning the
default nic selection is preserved.
If this turns out to be important, then Quantum should just keep doing what
nova-network does at the moment if no --nic option is specified.
Otherwise, the best option for me is, as Ian suggests, to make the --nic
compulsory, and return a 400 is no network is specified at all.

Salvatore