[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Federated design from Kent

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 15:18:42 UTC 2012

On 08/23/2012 09:14 PM, Matt Joyce wrote:
> Reiterating old point.  I'd love if I could get kerberos tickets
> passed via keystone API.

Here's the plan for that:

Stage 1: Keystone only

1.  Set up Apache HTTPD with Keystone.
2.  Get external auth working in Keystone. This will pass the
REMOTE_USER value in to the authenticate.  IN this case, REMOTE_USER
will be your Kerberos principal
3.  Extend the Keystone authenticate call to  use REMOTE_USER if there
is no token
4.  Tokens work as before elsewhere.

Stage 2:  extend Eventlet to support Kerberos

Stage 1 is relatively simple.  Stage 2 is a lot harder.