[openstack-dev] [metering] problems with tests & python2.6 & glance

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Thu Aug 23 00:08:54 UTC 2012

John Tran <njhtran at gmail.com> writes:

> My code review is failing jenkins python 2.6 gate.  I'm trying to
> reproduce the problem but when I issue a 'tox -epy26' it fails to
> install deps:
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/20423/
>
> "Source in /opt/stack/ceilometer/.tox/py26/build/glance has the
> version 0.0.0, which does not match the requirement glance>=2011.3.1
> (from -r /opt/stack/ceilometer/tools/test-requires (line 5))"
>
> Any ideas what this is about?

Two things:

1) The glance tarball is missing the versioninfo file -- I believe
people are working on that separately.

2) Ceilometer should not depend on getting glance from pypi, which is
what happens with the following line in test-requires:

  glance>=2011.3.1

Pypi isn't a supported distribution channel for the server projects (I
think the ones that are there may be removed eventually).  Instead, you
should do what you do for nova -- point directly at a tarball, as this
line from pip-requires does:

  http://tarballs.openstack.org/nova/nova-master.tar.gz

If you depend on glance master, you should configure a similar tarball
URL in your -requires file; if you need a specific version, then just
point directly at the released tarball on launchpad.

-Jim