[openstack-dev] [nova] FFE for entrypoints driver loading

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Aug 22 20:04:04 UTC 2012

Jason Kölker wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 17:20 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Monty Taylor wrote:

>> So I looked a bit more deeply into this, and I'm not really convinced.
>>
>> First, this comes out of nowhere with no blueprints / discussion, with
>> first patch proposed even after Folsom-3 was pushed.
>
> Using entry_points was discussed at the Folsom summit. I agree with the
> rest of the sentiment though, better to wait for grizzly.

Yeah, I also realized after posting that one of the patches was actually
posted before FF :) I guess the decision boils down to *why* this needs
to be in Folsom rather than in early Grizzly, and I wish changes had
been submitted a few weeks earlier so that we didn't have to lose time
over that review/discussion/decision :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack