[openstack-dev] Scheduler hints and filters - own Scheduler?

Mariusz Pietrzyk wijet at wijet.pl
Fri Aug 17 09:19:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I use the following filters:

scheduler_default_filters=AvailabilityZoneFilter,DifferentHostFilter,RamFilter,ComputeFilter

I would expect from os:scheduler_hints that if my hints cannot be met,
instance will be launched somewhere in other place. Instead it goes into
ERROR state during scheduling.

Right now, when DifferentHostFilter filters out all hosts (what happens
sometimes) instance will not be launched.

Is there any proper way around this problem?

I thought about writing my own scheduler, which would behave as
FilterScheduler.

In case all hosts are filtered out, it would try to launch instance
anywhere (weights/costs would decide where).

Is it a good idea?

--

Regards

Mariusz Pietrzyk