[openstack-dev] [General] Folsom Feature Freeze

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Aug 16 08:03:00 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

With the cut of the Folsom-3 milestone-proposed branch we are entering
the feature-frozen period of the Folsom development cycle. That means
that we should no longer merge into master new feature code, or behavior
changes that don't fix a referenced bug.

Some features are (or will be) granted an exception and can still be
merged. You can find them on the folsom-rc1 milestone pages for each
project (example: https://launchpad.net/keystone/+milestone/folsom-rc1).
If an exception has been granted for them, the blueprint will have the
Definition field set to "Accepted". The exception requests shall be
reviewed before the end of the week.

At this point, we need to test and file bugs, triage the bugs we have,
and target a number of them as Folsom-release-critical (targeted to
folsom-rc1). When we finally fix all of the bugs in that list (it's
expected to take a few weeks), we can publish the first folsom release
candidate for that project (folsom-rc1) and hope that no other
release-critical bug is found until final release (scheduled for
September 27). Once RC1 is published, we'll open master to Grizzly
development, and features will be able to be merged again without
restrictions.

Thanks for your attention !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)