[openstack-dev] F3 milestone delayed one day

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Tue Aug 14 23:50:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Due to the overwhelming number of last-minute code proposals, we decided
> during the Release/Status meeting to delay the Folsom-3 milestone
> publication by one day (now due Friday, August 17).
>
> Folsom-3 is the last feature milestone and rather than increasing the
> number of FeatureFreeze exceptions and ship a feature-incomplete F3,
> it's a better idea to delay it by a single day to let extra stuff be
> merged.
>
> That said, review work should be prioritized to be focused on features
> that are important for the release (which would be candidates for
> FeatureFreeze exceptions if the delay hadn't been granted).

In Quantum, this basically amount to the three blueprints that are
"essential" or "high" here:
https://launchpad.net/quantum/+milestone/folsom-3 or items under
consideration for a feature-freeze exception listed here:
https://launchpad.net/quantum/+milestone/folsom-rc1

Everything else still needs to be merged by tonight to make it into Folsom.
 We need the extra day for testing F-3, given the massive amounts of new
code that has recently landed.  Thanks,

Dan

> The milestone-proposed branches will be cut on Wednesday when the PTL is
> OK with it, and at the end of Wednesday ("midnight Hawaii time") at the
> latest.
>
> Yay for an extra day of crazy reviewing !
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)
> Release Manager, OpenStack

Dan Wendlandt