[openstack-dev] bash-completion in nova client

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Mon Aug 13 16:56:45 UTC 2012

So - While I can't think of an elegant sentence to replace that.. I can
describe what it does!

It prints out a list of all possible commands and flags that the `nova`
command can accept, This can be used by bash to facilitate tab-completion
of commands.

e.g. typing `apt-get i<tab>` at a bash prompt on Ubuntu
will auto-complete the command to `apt-get install `.

The output from `nova bash-completion` should be used as a hint to bash to
allow, for example `nova re<tab>` to auto-complete to `nova reboot `.

(Side note.. It looks like this is broken in the current Ubuntu precise
packages..)

Thanks,
Kiall