[openstack-dev] improving the keystone middleware cache

Michael Basnight mbasnight at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 06:51:33 UTC 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 6:51 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel at chmouel.com> wrote:

>> Jay, fair enough. ive peeped the memcache stuff in nova, and see that its used for caching metadata and a few other things. i agree this should be a common thing at this point. ill look into getting cache code into openstack common and replace the keystone auth middleware & the nova memcache stuff with it, especially if no one has objections. BP to follow for openstack common stuffs.
>
> please keep in mind that the auth_token middleware has been designed
> to be run "as is" make it easy to be dropped in an environment with no
> need for dependences.

Yup the last thing i want to do is add a module to _every_ project. I agree with the "as is" approach to a certain extent. If memcache_servers conf value is defined it attempts to import the memcache module. Im sure we can disable cache by default and do the same conditional importation :) sound like that would fit the bill?