[openstack-dev] FW: Question on hostname generation?

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Sat Aug 11 01:58:33 UTC 2012

On Friday, August 10, 2012 at 21:53 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:

> Hmmm, not sure if that is the right answer, haha.
>
> This was more for instance hostname generation, not sure if that’s what u are talking about :-)
>
> Maybe u are talking about something else?? :-P
Yes, I was talking about the hostname of openstack services. Essentially, what you'd see in a typical service list and what is used for RPC communications between OpenStack components.

That explains why I didn't quite understand the "server-XYZ.novalocal" format… I'm coming at this from a whole different perspective!

Regards,
Eric Windisch