[openstack-dev] [Quantum] notifications vs specific RPC calls between agents

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Fri Aug 10 13:30:20 UTC 2012

> I think that we can certainly find a good solution in the long run and would be happy to discuss and work on this for Grizzly. Needless to say we need a short term solution for F-3. I personally am in favor of a simple fanout cast without using the notification mechanism (option #2). In addition to the notification mechanism may not have have support for the extensions or require authorization for extensions. This infomation can be added by the self managed messaging...

My preference is that standard rpc cast/call are used. Asynchonrous callbacks via cast are more desirable than call, when possible.

I recommend against using notifications internally… at least until notifications are supported by all the RPC drivers (the rpc notifier is still called rabbit_notifier.py, and there /is/ a reason for that)

Regards,
Eric Windisch