[openstack-dev] [common] moving manager.py and service.py into common

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Tue Aug 7 15:54:55 UTC 2012

> The one to be wary of is the DB stuff, since that requires code which
> isn't already in common.

This is a really ugly thing to move. However, I've opened a blueprint for this, and have a start on it.

If someone else has already been working on this, please reply and let me know...

> service.py looks a lot more daunting in terms of making it more general
> - e.g. report_state() is very nova specific.

This should be replaced by the ServiceGroup api, which I hope will eventually land into common.

Regards,
Eric Windisch