[openstack-dev] [Netstack] Request for comments on a pep8 problem

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Aug 3 15:16:50 UTC 2012

On 08/03/2012 09:57 AM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 17:48 +0300, Gary Kotton wrote:
>> Will you also be fixing the pep8 issues in the common code?
>
> When the pep8 running in openstack-common reports the issue, yes, it
> will make sense to fix it.  Since I have already synchronized nova and
> glance, I'm highly reluctant to make the necessary change.  I'll also
> point out that the particular condition that pep8 is reporting here is
> all over the place in nova and probably also in glance…

If we keep openstack-common testing against latest pep8 (even when it's
a pita) it should allow us to drop that code into any of the projects
without worrying about which version they've caught up to.

Also - I hear that one of these days we're going to make a library out
of openstack common ... how's that coming Mark?

Monty