[openstack-dev] [Netstack] Request for comments on a pep8 problem

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 14:48:17 UTC 2012

On 08/03/2012 05:11 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> Yesterday, I submitted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/10736/ to sync
> up an openstack-common change to policy.py; however, the pep8
> configuration for quantum does not match the pep8 configuration for the
> openstack-common project, and an error is raised.  Other projects (in
> particular, nova) exempt the openstack/common directory from the pep8
> check, but I guess Quantum doesn't have that set up, yet.  I wanted to
> check here first, however, before I start working on a patch to
> accomplish that.

Sadly this is not the first time that this has happened.
Please look at
https://github.com/openstack/quantum/commit/5fcf6ccd952f74d77f6735831c778d33dfcd6136
for a way in which this was handled when there was problematic common
code (it is a temporary measure til these are addressed in the common code).

Will you also be fixing the pep8 issues in the common code?

Thanks
Gary