[openstack-dev] Allow defining a different auth strategy for different service providers.

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed Aug 1 14:53:37 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 12:11 +0200, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> assuming you have this in a file in your PYTHON_PATH named :
>
> openstack_client_auth_rackspace2_0.py
>
> and connect with :
>
> from novaclient.v1_1 import client
> cnx = client.Client("user", "password", "notneeded",
>
> "https://lon.identity.api.rackspacecloud.com/v2.0",
>                     auth_strategy="rackspace2_0")

You should also take a look at the entry points provided by
pkg_resources.  We could define an "openstack.auth" entry point, and
your example could then be done by having the following in setup.py:

        from setuptools import setup
        setup(
            …
            entry_points={
                'openstack.auth': [
                    'rackspace2_0 = rackspace.auth:authenticate',
                    ],
                },
            …
            )