[Openstack-content] Content Team Update/Ideas

Margaret Callard margie at openstack.org
Tue Jun 17 17:39:50 UTC 2014

Hi all Content Team Members and Interested Parties,

We have a scheduled content team meeting today, but I also have a PTL webinar update call today as well. Apologies, but I'll need to cancel the content team call. If you'd like to attend today's PTL webinar here is the link:

http://openstack.enterthemeeting.com/m/MW7VDJQK

1) I'm going to reschedule our call for Monday or Tuesday of next week. If you have a time that works best for you, please let me know. I want to have this call before the Win the Enterprise call on Wednesday to give you an update (#3 below).

2) Goals Review. Our content team goals before the Summit were two-fold to figure out in June.

a) Set up a team of around 10 people that are dedicated to delivering 2-3 pieces of new content by the Paris Summit
- I have approximately 7 people right now although anyone is welcome to attend these calls.

b) Figure out what those content pieces are and start working on them
- This is still TBD, see below for new ideas.

3) Other developments.

- Win the Enterprise. Since the Summit, I've also joined the Win the Enterprise team. A few of you are on that team as well. The goal of this team is to deliver specific deliverables that help Enterprises in their 'journey' toward adopting OpenStack. There is a technical team doing feeds/speeds related to a gap analysis. And there is a marketing/strategy team that works with the technical team on external messaging. This team is just getting started, but we might want to plug our deliverables directly into this team since their needs are specific with a deadline of July 20 at OSCON. I'm open to suggestions on this in terms of what is most efficient.

- Superuser. The Superuser publication launched at the Summit. It is full of original and syndicated content on users and operators in our ecosystem. We might want to think about how we can feed this publication as it continues to search for ways to remain fresh and relevant. This also could be of specific benefit to your own organizations without being overtly commercial. And maybe we can come up with a series here that feeds our content team goals: http://superuser.openstack.org

In summary:

- Please let me know if you have a preference on Monday/Tuesday next week if you want to attend. Otherwise, I'll choose a time/date.
- Come to the meeting or email me your ideas on #2b/what to deliver. Now that we have this mailing list alias, feel free to cc: all as well.

Thanks,
Margie

Margie Callard
OpenStack Foundation