[Openstack-api-consumers] [Service data publication ] Feedback

Gilles Dubreuil gdubreui at redhat.com
Tue Jul 11 06:32:01 UTC 2017

Hi Monty,

About some feedback and the service-type data publication question

> * service-type data publication.
>
> The tl;dr on this is that people have finally realized/admitted that
> the 'service-type' something is registered in the catalog
> So we've made a central registry that defines what the service-type is
> for each service.
> (.../...)

It won't be a problem and it'll be really good to have such central
point of reference.

Looking at the api-reference link it contains, I wonder if it could be
pointing to the source code?
After all each patch has its own commit version and Github can trigger
the CI to build publish new reference?

Anyway, from a user view, knowing the reference of any version is bound
to its source is a solid guarantee of service and therefore seems to be
a candidate for a new feature.

I hope it helps,
Gilles