[openstack-announce] OpenStack Pike is officially released!

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Aug 30 13:24:13 UTC 2017

Hello OpenStack community,

I'm proud and excited to announce the final release for the components
of OpenStack Pike, which concludes the 6-month Pike development cycle.

You will find a complete list of all components, their latest versions,
and links to individual project release notes documents listed on the
OpenStack releases site:

  https://releases.openstack.org/pike/

Congratulations to everyone who has contributed to making this release a
success. Pike saw contributions from more than 1800 individuals,
bringing the total number of contributors to OpenStack since 2012 up to
6650. During the Pike cycle we merged an average of 220 changes per day,
which makes OpenStack one of the most active software development
project out there today.

Our next development cycle, Queens, has already started. Project team
members will meet in Denver starting on September 11 at the Project
Teams Gathering to kickstart the work for the coming 6 months. I hope to
see you there!

Thierry Carrez (ttx)