[openstack-announce] [new][nova] nova 14.0.1 release (newton)

no-reply at openstack.org no-reply at openstack.org
Wed Oct 12 03:55:31 UTC 2016

We are frolicsome to announce the release of:

nova 14.0.1: Cloud computing fabric controller

This release is part of the newton stable release series.

Download the package from:

    https://tarballs.openstack.org/nova/

For more details, please see below.

14.0.1
^^^^^^

Nova 14.0.0 release is including a lot of new features and bugfixes.
It can be extremely hard to mention all the changes we introduced
during that release but we beg you to read at least the upgrade
section which describes the required modifications that you need to do
for upgrading your cloud from 13.0.0 (Mitaka) to 14.0.0 (Newton). That
said, a few major changes are worth to notice here. This is not an
exhaustive list of things to notice, rather just important things you
need to know :

   * Latest API microversion supported for Newton is v2.38

   * Nova now provides a new placement RESTful API endpoint that is
     for the moment optional where Nova compute nodes use it for
     providing resources. For the moment, the nova-scheduler is not
     using it but we plan to check the placement resources for Ocata.
     In case you plan to rolling-upgrade the compute nodes between
     Newton and Ocata, please look in the notes below how to use the
     new placement API.

   * Cells V2 now supports booting instances for one cell v2 only.
     We plan to add a multi-cell support for Ocata. You can prepare
     for Ocata now by creating a cellv2 now using the nova-manage
     related commands, but configuring Cells V2 is still fully
     optional for this cycle.

   * Nova is now using Glance v2 API for getting image resources.

   * API microversions 2.36 and above now deprecate the REST
     resources in Nova used to proxy calls to other service type APIs
     (eg. /os- volumes). We'll still supporting those until we raise
     our minimum API version to 2.36 which is not planned yet (we're
     supporting v2.1 as of now) but you're encouraged to stop using
     those resources and rather calling the other services that
     provide those natively.

Changes in nova 14.0.0..14.0.1
------------------------------

2089838 Add error handling for delete-volume API
da6cb54 libvirt: fix DiskSmallerThanImage when block migrate ephemerals
fb17be1 Fix binary name used in the pci device online migration check
ec78fc2 Fix error status code on update-volume API
f7d6197 refresh instances_path when shared storage used
c7a9998 libvirt: ignore conflict when defining network filters
0c6c2dd Add a prelude section for Newton
f15561b Archive instance-related rows when the parent instance is deleted
464d3b8 Add missing slash to dir path
a4a834f Fix require thread policy for multi-NUMA computes
2dcf8c2 Allow linear packing of cores

Diffstat (except docs and test files)
-------------------------------------

nova/api/openstack/compute/volumes.py              | 18 ++++++--
nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py                          | 53 +++++++++++++++++++++-
nova/objects/pci_device.py                         |  2 +-
nova/pci/utils.py                                  |  2 +-
nova/scheduler/filters/numa_topology_filter.py     | 18 ++++----
.../unit/api/openstack/compute/test_volumes.py     | 20 +++++++-
.../filters/test_numa_topology_filters.py          |  6 +--
nova/virt/hardware.py                              | 13 +++++-
nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py                        | 27 ++++++++---
nova/virt/libvirt/firewall.py                      | 16 ++++++-
.../notes/newton_prelude-6a6566c8753d147c.yaml     | 30 ++++++++++++