[openstack-announce] [release][ironic] ironic 5.0.0 release (mitaka)

no-reply at openstack.org no-reply at openstack.org
Fri Mar 11 16:57:18 UTC 2016

We are tickled pink to announce the release of:

ironic 5.0.0: OpenStack Bare Metal Provisioning

This release is part of the mitaka release series.

With source available at:

    http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ironic

Please report issues through launchpad:

    http://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic

For more details, please see below.

5.0.0
^^^^^

This release adds support for manual cleaning and RAID configuration.
Operators may now manually run clean steps, including setting up RAID
on a node, while a node is in the manageable state.

This release features switch to Oslo Futurist library for asynchronous
thread execution and periodic tasks. Main benefit is that periodic
tasks are now executed truly in parallel, and not sequentially in one
green thread.

New Features
************

* Add support for ipmitool's port (-p) option. This allows ipmitool
  support for operators that do not use the default port (623) as
  their IPMI port.

* Pass proxy information from agent driver to IPA ramdisk, so that
  images can be cached on the proxy server.

* Add support for a new capability called 'disk_label' to allow
  operators to choose the disk label that will be used when Ironic is
  partitioning the disk.

* iLO drivers now provide out-of-band firmware update as a manual
  cleaning step, for supported hardware components.

* Support for activation of iLO Advanced license as a manual
  cleaning step in iLO drivers.

* Enabled Inspector Inspection for CIMC and UCS drivers

* Adds support for using iPXE in UEFI mode.

* Add the ability to adjust ipxe timeout during image downloading,
  default is still unlimited (0).

* Adds out-of-band inspection support for iRMC drivers.

* Add support for filtering nodes using the same driver via the API.

* Adds support for manual cleaning. This is available with API
  version 1.15. For more information, see
  http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/deploy/cleaning.html
  #manual-cleaning

* Root device hints extended to support the device name.

* Database migrations downgrade support was removed. More info about
  database migration/rollback could be found here
  http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/ops_upgrades-roll-
  back.html

* Adds ShellinaboxConsole support for virsh SSH driver.

Known Issues
************

* When using caching proxy with "agent_*" drivers, caching the image
  on the proxy server might involve increasing
  [glance]swift_temp_url_duration config option value. This way, the
  cached entry will be valid for a period of time long enough to see
  the benefits of caching. Large temporary URL duration might become a
  security issue in some cases.

Upgrade Notes
*************

* Adds a [glance]swift_temp_url_cache_enabled configuration option
  to enable Swift temporary URL caching. It is only useful if the
  caching proxy is used. Also adds
  [glance]swift_temp_url_expected_download_start_delay, which is used
  to check if the Swift temporary URL duration is long enough to let
  the image download to start, and, if temporary URL caching is
  enabled, to determine if a cached entry will be still valid when
  download starts. The value of
  [glance]swift_temp_url_expected_download_start_delay must be less
  than the value for the [glance]swift_temp_url_duration configuration
  option.

* Add "choices" parameter to config options. Invalid values will be
  rejected when first accessing them, which can happen in the middle
  of deployment.

  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | Option                            | Choices          |
  +===================================+==================+
  | [DEFAULT]/auth_strategy           | keystone, noauth |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | [glance]/auth_strategy            | keystone, noauth |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | [glance]/glance_protocol          | http, https      |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | [neutron]/auth_strategy           | keystone, noauth |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | [amt]/protocol                    | http, https      |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | [irmc]/remote_image_share_type    | CIFS, NFS        |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | [irmc]/port                       | 443, 80          |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | [irmc]/auth_method                | basic, digest    |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+
  | [irmc]/sensor_method              | ipmitool, scci   |
  +-----------------------------------+------------------+

* Adds a config option 'debug_tracebacks_in_api' to allow the API
  service to return tracebacks in API responses in an error condition.

* Dependency for DRAC driver changed from "pywsman" to "python-
  dracclient" with version >= 0.0.5. Exceptions thrown by the driver
  and return values of the "set_bios_config", "commit_bios_config" and
  "abandon_bios_config" methods changed on the vendor-passthru
  interface.

* Configuration option "workers_pool_size" can no longer be less or
  equal to 2. Please set it to greater value (the default is 100)
  before update.

* Adds new configuration [ironic_lib]root_helper, to specify the
  command that is prefixed to commands that are run as root. Defaults
  to using the rootwrap config file at /etc/ironic/rootwrap.conf.

* Moves these configuration options from [deploy] group to the new
  [disk_utils] group: efi_system_partition_size, dd_block_size and
  iscsi_verify_attempts.

* Updated python-scciclient required version number for iRMC driver
  to 0.3.0 which fixed the bug '#1518999' and '#1519000'.

Deprecation Notes
*****************

* The [conductor]/clean_nodes config is deprecated and will be
  removed in the Newton cycle. It has been replaced by the
  [conductor]/automated_clean config.

* Configuration option "periodic_interval" is deprecated.

* Using "driver_periodic_task" decorator is deprecated. Please
  update your out-of-tree drivers to use "periodics.periodic"
  decorator from Futurist library.

* The following configuration options have been moved to the
  [disk_utils] group; they are deprecated from the [deploy] group:
  efi_system_partition_size, dd_block_size and iscsi_verify_attempts.

Bug Fixes
*********

* No longer returns tracebacks for API errors in debug mode.

* Disables default execution of clean step 'reset_ilo' during
  automated cleaning. Resetting of iLO is not required during every
  invocation of automated cleaning. If required, operator can enable
  the same.

* DRAC driver migrated from "pywsman" to "python-dracclient" fixing
  the driver lockup issue caused by the python interpreter not
  handling signals when execution handed to the c library.

* Fixes an issue with setting the boot device multiple times without
  a reboot in the DRAC driver by setting the boot device only before
  power management operations.

* Add missing "lookup" method to the pxe_drac driver vendor
  interface enabling it to be deployed using the IPA ramdisk.

* API service once again records HTTP access logs. See
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1536828 for details.

* Fix issues with error handling when spawning a new thread to
  continue cleaning. See
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1539118.

* Fixes an issue with the provided iPXE template where whole disk
  images could not be booted. See
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1524403.

* Periodic tasks are no longer executed all in one thread.

* Fixes issue where automated cleaning fails for iLO drivers.
  Automated cleaning fails for iLO driver if iLO is in System POST
  state. iLO does not allow setting of boot device when it is in
  System POST state.

* Fixes bug where ironic reboots the node with deploy image instead
  of the user image during second reboot in uefi boot mode when ipxe
  is enabled.

* Fixes an issue that prevented the node name to be removed as part
  of the node update.

* In conductor/rpcapi.py, object_backport_version(), object_action()
  and object_class_action_versions() misspell NotImplementedError with
  NotImplemented which returns nothing useful to users. See
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1524163.

* Updated python-scciclient required version number for iRMC driver
  to 0.3.0 which fixed the bug '#1518999' and '#1519000'.

Other Notes
***********

* Code related to disk partitioning was moved to ironic-lib.

Changes in ironic 4.3.0..5.0.0
------------------------------

198ae29 Add documentation for the IPMITool driver
57d8e51 Fix error in cleaning docs
b3ab84f Replace depricated tempest-lib with tempest.lib
6f36a5e Add new 'disk_label' capability
89c78df Fix JSON string in example of starting manual cleaning
aa1fc2a Remove 'grub2' option in creating whole-disk-images
c0350f7 Update iRMC driver doc for inspection
e6b3c42 Don't use token for glance & check for some unset vars
a71ac5d Use 'baremetal' flavor in devstack
f316775 [devstack] Fix IPA source build on Fedora
8f7eb52 DevStack: Enable VirtualBMC logs
419aa1b Updated from global requirements
3e11338 Firmware update(iLO) as manual cleaning step
7c83c6f Updated from global requirements
cf12ad9 Remove code duplication.
de72fcd Update iLO documentation for clean step 'reset_ilo'
efbccc8 Refactor the management verbs check to utils
5655792 Updated from global requirements
6babbee Remove duplicate doc in ironic.conf.sample
a082e70 Prep for 5.0 release
036b959 Fix unittests after new releases of libraries
547bd9d Updating docs with support for DL class servers
874f982 Update CIMC driver docs to install ImcSdk from PyPi
0a04e79 Add returns to send_raw() ipmitool function
5c6de4b Add function for dump SDR to ipmitool driver
f224b83 Add clean step in iLO drivers to activate iLO license
5ecda6b Update proliantutils version to 2.1.7 for Mitaka release
404bfda ipxe: add --timeout parameter to kernel and initrd
0cf2db6 Updated iLO driver documentation to recommend ipmitool version
7f46a03 Refactor driver loading to load a driver instance per node
22aa8a9 Clean up driver loading in init_host
6569cdb add wipefs to ironic-lib.filters
5b37b78 Updated from global requirements
053584c Use assertEqual/Greater/Less/IsNone
d8fa64b Follow up nits of 3429e3824c060071e59a117c19c95659c78e4c8b
d3859a7 API to list nodes using the same driver
1accb30 [devstack] set ipa-debug=1 for greater debugability
146eaad Loose python-oneviewclient version requirement
5b619b7 Set node last_error in TaskManager
e38f345 Add possible values for config options
c52dfb2 Follow up nits of irmc oob inspection
47e1898 Enable removing name when updating node
86640c6 Make some agent functions require exclusive lock
c1a8606 Add db api layer for CRUD operations on node tags
6af9da9 Update proliantutils version required for Mitaka release
8e206ff Add deprecated_for_removal config info in ironic.conf.sample
84b09fe Update ironic.conf.sample
b0ae5e9 Tolerate roles in context.RequestContext
3429e38 Switch to Futurist library for asynchronous execution and periodic tasks
bbee55d Move _from_db_object() into base class
cc66d0b Add ironic_tempest_plugin to the list of packages in setup.cfg
da7aba1 Fix gate broken by sudden remove of SERVICE_TENANT_NAME variable
f2d9886 Add manual cleaning to documentation
56d4945 Import host option in base test module
38201d9 Fixes automated cleaning failure in iLO drivers
b203092 Updated from global requirements
7ffa1d5 DevStack: Add support for deploying nodes with pxe_ipmitool
ee4f24b Change the libvirt NIC driver to virtio
b4bc03f DevStack: Support to install diskimage-builder from source
24955b2 [Devstack]Add ability to enable ironic node pty console
bfb5e54 Use 'node' directly in update_port()
d38ca35 Add links to the standalone configdrive documentation
24ff537 DevStack: Install squashfs-tools
001513f [DevStack] fix restart of nova compute
d402905 Use http_{root, url} config from "deploy" instead of "pxe"
5b724be During cleaning, store clean step index
c055845 Use oslo_config.fixture in unit tests
080707f Introduce driver_internal_info in code-contribution-guide
74d242a Updated from global requirements
01f7392 Correct instance parameter description
d19dfab Add node.uuid to InstanceDeploy error message
c53a649 Set existing ports pxe_enabled=True when adding pxe_enabled column
1de8903 Augmenting the hashing strategy
37590a8 Add hardware inspection module for iRMC driver
959689e Document possible access problems with custom IRONIC_VM_LOG_DIR path
2692280 Add documentation for proxies usage with IPA
f726831 Updated from global requirements
37a3486 Devstack: create endpoint in catalog unconditionally
bf6de00 Comment out test options that already exists on tempest's tree
9220cbd Replace config 'clean_nodes' with 'automated_clean'
0b3da47 Remove 'zapping' from code
74f6661 Cache agent clean steps on node
edc37cb API to manually clean nodes
a028772 Replace ifconfig with ip
39a2828 Updated iLO documentation for boot mode capability
1f82783 Agent vendor handles manual cleaning
49e0475 Remove downgrade support from migrations
a59d8ab Enable tinyipa for devstack Ironic
380d6bf Disable clean step 'reset_ilo' for iLO drivers by default
0ed100d Add proxy related parameters to agent driver
844c758 Update ironic.conf.samle
7e16907 Fix genconfig "tempdir" inconsistency
7276d22 Update the home page
bb64c4d Follow-up on dracclient refactor
025d194 Log warning if ipmi_username/ipmi_password missing
e5c5ddb Add portgroups to support LAG interfaces - net
a603e3c Add portgroups to support LAG interfaces - RPC
134ad4c Add portgroups to support LAG interfaces - objs
1740ab7 Add portgroups to support LAG interfaces - DB
3afbfaf Fix missing lookup() vendor method error for pxe_drac
5131d71 Refresh ssh verification mechanism
0f73a8b Refactor install-guide to configure API/Conductor seperately
65efbfd Enable Ironic Inspector for Cisco Drivers
d85b997 Fix doc8's "duplicated target names" (D000) error
db068c6 Remove conditional checking the auth_strategy values
0edba8a Extend root device hints to support device name
8c8704e Fix spawn error hook in "continue_node_clean" RPC method
fc72b4d Enable doc8 style checker for *.rst files
2e1f9c1 Updated from global requirements
4f8b97d Show transitions initiated by API requests
3843f55 Remove hard-coded DEPLOYWAIT timeout from Baremetal Scenario
fa981fd Fix tiny format issue with install_guide
4aae854 Add priority to manual clean step example
93ca514 Use node uuid in some exception log
6bed115 Fix error message in devstack
5661db3 Updated from global requirements
fde6252 [devstack] Restart nova compute before checking hypervisor stats
6f90631 Imported Translations from Zanata
8a1063e Fix minor typo
47be801 DRAC: cleanup after switch to python-dracclient
2173649 API service logs access requests again
e3f5517 Updated from global requirements
b464744 Correct port_id parameter description
6bcbe9d Remove duplicate words in API version history
0c9915e Remove unneeded enable_service in dev-quickstart.rst
7a5acbd Clarify that size in root device hints and local_gb are often different
a8afe45 Update ImcSdk requirement to use PyPi
87974fe Clean up 'no_proxy' unit tests
cb5c500 Add more unit tests for NO_PROXY validation
60aad94 Add ability to cache swift temporary URLs
51a73e1 DRAC: switch to python-dracclient on vendor-passthru
57e3ba1 Migrate Tempest tests into Ironic tree
691de30 Use Tempest plugin interface
91906c5 Fix issues with uefi-ipxe booting
a74f816 Update links to OpenStack manuals
0a75c41 Fix issue where system hostname can impact genconfig
1a4d589 Add choices option to several options
2ef3b40 Reorganize the developer's main page
c12cc03 Document backwards compat for passthru methods
81719c8 Drop MANIFEST.in - it's not needed pbr
bea9393 Clean up unneeded deprecated_group
6dd534e Devstack: replace 'http' with SERVICE_PROTOCOL
16bb29e Clarify rejected status in RFE contribution docs
ed3d71c Bring UP baremetal bridge
ffb654b Document the process of proposing new features
c3045f7 Updated from global requirements
a23b9b7 Use assertTrue/False instead of assertEqual(T/F)
968e832 devstack 'cleanup-node' script should delete OVS bridges
bab0835 Change default IRONIC_VM_SPECS_RAM to 1024
b48289e Remove release differences from flavor creation docs
b0eaea1 Add documentation for standalone ilo drivers
ac54456 Devstack: Make sure libvirt's hooks directory exists
fd64ca7 Update the ironic.conf.sample file
72f64cc Follow-up on refactor DRAC management interface
2cde492 Allow user to set arch for the baremetal flavor and ironic node
29b3706 tox: make it possible to run pep8 on current patch only
96ad1a1 Devstack: Use [deploy] erase_devices_priority config option
a7908dc Remove bashate from envlist
b7d4147 Use ironic-lib's util methods
946ea0a Refactor objects into a magic registry
bd60603 Don't return tracebacks in API response in debug mode
ee37525 Updated from global requirements
dd88841 Change assertTrue(isinstance()) by optimal assert
def448e Remove */openstack/common* in tox
d097010 Remove vim headers in source files
76b24d3 Trival: Remove unused logging import
60e850a Use ironic-lib's qemu_img_info() & convert_image()
13cf3c1 Update "Developer Quick-Start" guide for Fedora 23+
73ea7ce Enable ironic devstack plugin in local.conf sample
5fa4465 Correct a tiny issue in install-guide
181e3de Install 'shellinabox' package for Ironic
e3f25de Fix translations in driver base
b51f7d4 Run flake8 against the python scripts under tools/ and devstack/tools
2a5005d Add UEFI support for iPXE
dc080b5 Add console feature to ssh driver
16786b6 Conductor handles manual cleaning
cd9975d Add extensions to the scripts at devstack/tools/ironic/scripts
d7c41eb Fix "No closing quotation" error when building with tox
d9a2a62 Devstack: Remove QEMU hook at ./unstack
95fcd64 Run bashate as part of the pep8 command
f047ea0 Fix bashate errors in grenade plugin
49e273b Fix syntax errors in the shell scripts under devstack/tools
3bd1ecb Use the apache-ironic.template from our tree
2ab9801 Fix typo in ironic/conductor/manager.py
ba58cd7 genconfig: Debug info for unknown config types
2f6dce9 Keep the console logs for all boots
a1ff0a1 Use imageutils from oslo.utils
70e1f87 Add documentation for user inputs as HTTPS URLs
e95a8b9 Add bashate tox command
a0d2d7d Updated from global requirements
9aa7681 Add documentation for swiftless intermediate images
759db32 DRAC: switch to python-dracclient on management interface
0ced09b DRAC: switch to python-dracclient on power interface
de10be5 Follow up nits of Exception to str type conversion
778fcda Clean up variables in plugin.sh
c7e2b04 Replace assertEqual(None, *) with assertIsNone in tests
3012590 Add utility function to validate NO_PROXY
1a62671 Add bifrost as an option projects in Service overview
bc22a20 Sequence diagrams for iLo driver documentation
e08211e Refactor ilo documentation for duplicate information
7924997 Update swift HTTPs information in ilo documentation
d29ab63 Updated from global requirements
5ea3d08 Deprecated tox -downloadcache option removed
19fc22d Remove override-defaults
f4a7a84 Use 'service_type' of 'network'. Not 'neutron'
a2df90b Update ironic.conf.sample by applying the bug fix #1522841
c0a72cf Add grenade plugin
ac07388 Follow up patch to correct code-contribute-guide
952d5c5 Fix iPXE template for whole disk image
a0dcef4 Add devstack plugin
b218735 Copy devstack code to ironic tree
081e4e9 Add FSM.is_stable() method
40f9238 Explicitly depend on WebTest>=2.0
66cf3d0 Always pass keystone credentials to neutronclient
3daef88 Remove extra space in 'host' config comment
a434ca4 Add oslo_config.Opt support in Ironic config generator
7c138f0 Refactor disk partitioner code from ironic and use ironic-lib.
a59934f Simplifies exception message assurance for oneview.common tests
08c1f1d Use node.uuid directly in stop_console()
1171e25 Correct NotImplemented to NotImplementedError in rpcapi.py
55c246a Adding oneview.common tests for some method not well tested
b9b6068 Add port option support for ipmitool
2649d54 Numerous debug messages due to iso8601 log level
c5a8008 Handle deprecated opts' group correctly
c2fbcee Updated from global requirements
10fdbcd Clarify what changes need a release note
9dbd14e Remove wsgi reset_pool_size_to_default test
4138682 Add Mitaka release notes page
e936fbf Update python-scciclient version number
62407cc Add release notes from Icehouse to Liberty
0d75fa6 Add Code Contribution Guide for Ironic
ec2a328 Replace HTTP 'magic numbers' with constants
e91ff59 Documentation points to official release notes
a47f093 Split BaseConductorManager from ConductorManager
162240a Validate arguments to clean_step() decorator

Diffstat (except docs and test files)
-------------------------------------

MANIFEST.in                                        |    6 -
devstack/files/apache-ironic.template              |   12 +
devstack/files/debs/ironic                         |   23 +
devstack/files/hooks/qemu                          |   13 +
devstack/files/rpms/ironic                         |   18 +
devstack/lib/ironic                                | 1007 ++++++++++++
devstack/plugin.sh                                 |   39 +
devstack/settings                                  |    1 +
devstack/tools/ironic/scripts/cleanup-node.sh      |   35 +
devstack/tools/ironic/scripts/configure-vm.py      |  114 ++
devstack/tools/ironic/scripts/create-node.sh       |   86 +
devstack/tools/ironic/scripts/setup-network.sh     |   29 +
devstack/tools/ironic/templates/brbm.xml           |    6 +
.../tools/ironic/templates/tftpd-xinetd.template   |   14 +
devstack/tools/ironic/templates/vm.xml             |   49 +
devstack/upgrade/settings                          |    5 +
devstack/upgrade/shutdown.sh                       |   18 +
devstack/upgrade/upgrade.sh                        |  112 ++
driver-requirements.txt                            |   15 +-
etc/ironic/ironic.conf.sample                      |  689 ++++----
etc/ironic/rootwrap.d/ironic-lib.filters           |   25 +
etc/ironic/rootwrap.d/ironic-utils.filters         |   10 -
ironic/api/app.py                                  |   12 +-
ironic/api/controllers/v1/node.py                  |  169 +-
ironic/api/controllers/v1/utils.py                 |   35 +-
ironic/api/controllers/v1/versions.py              |    6 +-
ironic/api/hooks.py                                |    5 +-
ironic/cmd/dbsync.py                               |   11 -
ironic/common/config_generator/generator.py        |   85 +-
ironic/common/context.py                           |   14 +-
ironic/common/dhcp_factory.py                      |   14 +-
ironic/common/disk_partitioner.py                  |  226 ---
ironic/common/driver_factory.py                    |   38 +-
ironic/common/exception.py                         |   57 +-
ironic/common/fsm.py                               |   14 +-
ironic/common/glance_service/service_utils.py      |    2 -
ironic/common/glance_service/v2/image_service.py   |  123 +-
ironic/common/image_service.py                     |    7 +-
ironic/common/images.py                            |   38 +-
ironic/common/network.py                           |   18 +-
ironic/common/pxe_utils.py                         |   36 +-
ironic/common/service.py                           |   19 +-
ironic/common/swift.py                             |    6 +-
ironic/common/utils.py                             |  151 +-
ironic/conductor/base_manager.py                   |  374 +++++
ironic/conductor/manager.py                        |  761 +++++----
ironic/conductor/rpcapi.py                         |   79 +-
ironic/conductor/task_manager.py                   |   59 +-
ironic/conductor/utils.py                          |  171 +-
ironic/db/api.py                                   |  194 ++-
ironic/db/migration.py                             |    4 -
.../1e1d5ace7dc6_add_inspection_started_at_and_.py |    5 -
.../21b331f883ef_add_provision_updated_at.py       |    4 -
.../242cc6a923b3_add_node_maintenance_reason.py    |    4 -
.../versions/2581ebaf0cb2_initial_migration.py     |    5 -
.../2fb93ffd2af1_increase_node_name_length.py      |    7 -
.../31baaf680d2b_add_node_instance_info.py         |    6 -
.../versions/3ae36a5f5131_add_logical_name.py      |    5 -
...25597_add_unique_constraint_to_instance_uuid.py |    5 -
.../3cb628139ea4_nodes_add_console_enabled.py      |    4 -
...7deb87cc9d_add_conductor_affinity_and_online.py |    7 -
.../alembic/versions/48d6c242bb9b_add_node_tags.py |    4 -
.../versions/4f399b21ae71_add_node_clean_step.py   |    4 -
.../516faf1bb9b1_resizing_column_nodes_driver.py   |    4 -
.../5674c57409b9_replace_nostate_with_available.py |    7 -
...10e_added_port_group_table_and_altered_ports.py |   54 +
.../versions/789acc877671_add_raid_config.py       |    5 -
.../bb59b63f55a_add_node_driver_internal_info.py   |    4 -
.../versions/f6fdb920c182_set_pxe_enabled_true.py  |   38 +
ironic/db/sqlalchemy/api.py                        |  225 ++-
ironic/db/sqlalchemy/models.py                     |   20 +
ironic/dhcp/base.py                                |   22 +-
ironic/dhcp/neutron.py                             |  133 +-
ironic/drivers/agent.py                            |    5 +
ironic/drivers/base.py                             |  180 ++-
ironic/drivers/drac.py                             |    9 +-
ironic/drivers/fake.py                             |    9 +-
ironic/drivers/irmc.py                             |    3 +
ironic/drivers/modules/agent.py                    |   76 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/agent_base_vendor.py        |  155 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/amt/common.py               |    4 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/cimc/common.py              |    3 -
ironic/drivers/modules/cimc/management.py          |    2 -
ironic/drivers/modules/cimc/power.py               |    2 -
ironic/drivers/modules/console_utils.py            |    3 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/deploy_utils.py             |  555 +------
ironic/drivers/modules/drac/bios.py                |  391 +----
ironic/drivers/modules/drac/client.py              |  268 ----
ironic/drivers/modules/drac/common.py              |   40 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/drac/job.py                 |   53 +
ironic/drivers/modules/drac/management.py          |  445 ++---
ironic/drivers/modules/drac/power.py               |  142 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/drac/resource_uris.py       |   46 -
ironic/drivers/modules/drac/vendor_passthru.py     |   87 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/ilo/boot.py                 |    4 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/ilo/common.py               |  160 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/ilo/deploy.py               |   45 +
ironic/drivers/modules/ilo/firmware_processor.py   |  389 +++++
ironic/drivers/modules/ilo/management.py           |  139 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/inspector.py                |    5 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/ipminative.py               |   14 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/ipmitool.py                 |   62 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/ipxe_config.template        |   12 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/irmc/boot.py                |   15 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/irmc/common.py              |   77 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/irmc/inspect.py             |  187 +++
ironic/drivers/modules/iscsi_deploy.py             |   15 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/pxe.py                      |   21 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/seamicro.py                 |    6 +-
ironic/drivers/modules/snmp.py                     |   28 +
ironic/drivers/modules/ssh.py                      |   90 +-
ironic/drivers/pxe.py                              |    7 +
.../locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/ironic-log-critical.po   |   14 +-
ironic/locale/ironic-log-error.pot                 |  292 ++--
ironic/locale/ironic-log-info.pot                  |  157 +-
ironic/locale/ironic-log-warning.pot               |  250 ++-
ironic/locale/ironic.pot                           | 1692 ++++++++++----------
.../locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/ironic-log-critical.po   |   14 +-
ironic/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/ironic.po             |  171 +-
.../ko_KR/LC_MESSAGES/ironic-log-critical.po       |   14 +-
.../pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/ironic-log-critical.po       |   14 +-
ironic/objects/__init__.py                         |   28 +-
ironic/objects/base.py                             |   31 +-
ironic/objects/chassis.py                          |   14 -
ironic/objects/conductor.py                        |    9 -
ironic/objects/node.py                             |    8 -
ironic/objects/port.py                             |   49 +-
ironic/objects/portgroup.py                        |  279 ++++
ironic/openstack/__init__.py                       |    0
ironic/openstack/common/__init__.py                |    0
ironic/openstack/common/_i18n.py                   |   45 -
ironic/openstack/common/imageutils.py              |  152 --
.../unit/drivers/ipxe_config_timeout.template      |   19 +
.../unit/drivers/modules/amt/test_management.py    |    2 +-
.../unit/drivers/modules/cimc/test_management.py   |    4 +-
.../unit/drivers/modules/drac/test_management.py   |  602 +++----
.../drivers/modules/ilo/test_firmware_processor.py |  552 +++++++
.../unit/drivers/modules/ilo/test_management.py    |  252 +++
.../unit/drivers/modules/irmc/test_inspect.py      |  248 +++
.../unit/drivers/modules/oneview/test_common.py    |  108 +-
.../unit/drivers/modules/test_agent_base_vendor.py |  247 ++-
.../unit/drivers/modules/test_agent_client.py      |    3 +-
.../unit/drivers/modules/test_console_utils.py     |   14 +-
.../unit/drivers/modules/test_deploy_utils.py      | 1251 +++++----------
.../unit/drivers/modules/test_iscsi_deploy.py      |   47 +-
.../unit/drivers/third_party_driver_mock_specs.py  |   19 +
ironic_tempest_plugin/README.rst                   |   22 +
ironic_tempest_plugin/__init__.py                  |    0
ironic_tempest_plugin/clients.py                   |   39 +
ironic_tempest_plugin/common/__init__.py           |    0
ironic_tempest_plugin/common/waiters.py            |   48 +
ironic_tempest_plugin/config.py                    |   69 +
ironic_tempest_plugin/plugin.py                    |   39 +
ironic_tempest_plugin/services/__init__.py         |    0
.../services/baremetal/__init__.py                 |    0
ironic_tempest_plugin/services/baremetal/base.py   |  204 +++
.../services/baremetal/v1/__init__.py              |    0
.../services/baremetal/v1/json/__init__.py         |    0
.../services/baremetal/v1/json/baremetal_client.py |  349 ++++
openstack-common.conf                              |    7 -
.../notes/5.0-release-afb1fbbe595b6bc8.yaml        |    6 +
...ption-support-to-ipmitool-e125d07fe13c53e7.yaml |    5 +
.../add-agent-proxy-support-790e629634ca2eb7.yaml  |   20 +
...dd-choice-to-some-options-9fb327c48e6bfda1.yaml |   21 +
.../automated_clean_config-0170c95ae210f953.yaml   |    5 +
.../debug-no-api-tracebacks-a8a0caddc9676b06.yaml  |    7 +
...able-clean-step-reset-ilo-1869a6e08f39901c.yaml |    6 +
.../disk-label-capability-d36d126e0ad36dca.yaml    |    5 +
...rac-migrate-to-dracclient-2bd8a6d1dd3fdc69.yaml |   14 +
.../drac-missing-lookup-3ad98e918e1a852a.yaml      |    4 +
.../fix-api-access-logs-68b9ca4f411f339c.yaml      |    4 +
.../fix-cleaning-spawn-error-60b60281f3be51c2.yaml |    4 +
...late-for-whole-disk-image-943da0311ca7aeb5.yaml |    4 +
releasenotes/notes/futurist-e9c55699f479f97a.yaml  |   16 +
...-automated-cleaning-fails-14ee438de3dd8690.yaml |    7 +
...-update-manual-clean-step-e6763dc6dc0d441b.yaml |    4 +
...ctivate-manual-clean-step-84d335998d708b49.yaml |    4 +
.../inspector-for-cisco-bffe1d1af7aec677.yaml      |    3 +
.../notes/ipxe-and-uefi-7722bd5db71df02c.yaml      |    3 +
releasenotes/notes/ipxe-uefi-f5be11c7b0606a84.yaml |    6 +
.../ipxe_timeout_parameter-03fc3c76c520fac2.yaml   |    4 +
.../irmc-oob-inspection-6d072c60f6c88ecb.yaml      |    3 +
.../list-nodes-by-driver-a1ab9f2b73f652f8.yaml     |    3 +
.../notes/manual-clean-4cc2437be1aea69a.yaml       |    5 +
.../name-root-device-hints-a1484ea01e399065.yaml   |    3 +
...no-downward-sql-migration-52279e875cd8b7a3.yaml |    5 +
.../notes/node-name-remove-720aa8007f2f8b75.yaml   |    4 +
...implementederror-misspell-276a181afd652cf6.yaml |    7 +
.../refactor-ironic-lib-22939896d8d46a77.yaml      |   20 +
.../notes/ssh-console-58721af6830f8892.yaml        |    3 +
...ciclient-required-version-71398d5d5e1c0bf8.yaml |    7 +
releasenotes/source/current-series.rst             |    5 +
releasenotes/source/index.rst                      |   11 +-
releasenotes/source/liberty.rst                    |  218 +++
releasenotes/source/mitaka.rst                     |    6 +
releasenotes/source/unreleased.rst                 |    6 +-
requirements.txt                                   |   66 +-
setup.cfg                                          |    6 +-
test-requirements.txt                              |   33 +-
tools/config/oslo.config.generator.rc              |    2 +-
tools/flake8wrap.sh                                |   20 +
tools/run_bashate.sh                               |   27 +
tools/states_to_dot.py                             |   53 +-
tox.ini                                            |   12 +-

Requirements updates
--------------------

diff --git a/driver-requirements.txt b/driver-requirements.txt
index 5243cdc..595e830 100644
--- a/driver-requirements.txt
+++ b/driver-requirements.txt
@@ -7 +7 @@
-proliantutils>=2.1.5
+proliantutils>=2.1.7
@@ -11,2 +11,2 @@ python-ironic-inspector-client
-python-oneviewclient<2.1.0,>=2.0.2
-python-scciclient>=0.2.0
+python-oneviewclient<3.0.0,>=2.0.2
+python-scciclient>=0.3.0
@@ -14,0 +15 @@ UcsSdk==0.8.2.2
+python-dracclient>=0.0.5
@@ -16,2 +17,2 @@ UcsSdk==0.8.2.2
-# The drac and amt driver import a python module called "pywsman", however,
-# this does not exist on pypi.
+# The amt driver imports a python module called "pywsman", but this does not
+# exist on pypi.
@@ -31,2 +32,2 @@ pyremotevbox>=0.5.0
-# The CIMC drivers use the Cisco IMC SDK version 0.7.2, which is available from
-# https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-56257
+# The CIMC drivers use the Cisco IMC SDK version 0.7.2 or greater
+ImcSdk>=0.7.2
diff --git a/requirements.txt b/requirements.txt
index d1b6a6f..4fa8227 100644
--- a/requirements.txt
+++ b/requirements.txt
@@ -4,3 +4,3 @@
-pbr>=1.6
-SQLAlchemy<1.1.0,>=0.9.9
-alembic>=0.8.0
+pbr>=1.6 # Apache-2.0
+SQLAlchemy<1.1.0,>=1.0.10 # MIT
+alembic>=0.8.0 # MIT
@@ -8,10 +8,11 @@ automaton>=0.5.0 # Apache-2.0
-eventlet>=0.17.4
-WebOb>=1.2.3
-greenlet>=0.3.2
-netaddr!=0.7.16,>=0.7.12
-paramiko>=1.13.0
-python-neutronclient>=2.6.0
-python-glanceclient>=0.18.0
-python-keystoneclient!=1.8.0,>=1.6.0
-python-swiftclient>=2.2.0
-pytz>=2013.6
+eventlet!=0.18.3,>=0.18.2 # MIT
+WebOb>=1.2.3 # MIT
+greenlet>=0.3.2 # MIT
+netaddr!=0.7.16,>=0.7.12 # BSD
+paramiko>=1.16.0 # LGPL
+python-neutronclient!=4.1.0,>=2.6.0 # Apache-2.0
+python-glanceclient>=2.0.0 # Apache-2.0
+python-keystoneclient!=1.8.0,!=2.1.0,>=1.6.0 # Apache-2.0
+ironic-lib>=1.1.0 # Apache-2.0
+python-swiftclient>=2.2.0 # Apache-2.0
+pytz>=2013.6 # MIT
@@ -19,4 +20,4 @@ stevedore>=1.5.0 # Apache-2.0
-pysendfile>=2.0.0
-websockify>=0.6.1
-oslo.concurrency>=2.3.0 # Apache-2.0
-oslo.config>=2.7.0 # Apache-2.0
+pysendfile>=2.0.0 # MIT
+websockify>=0.6.1 # LGPLv3
+oslo.concurrency>=3.5.0 # Apache-2.0
+oslo.config>=3.7.0 # Apache-2.0
@@ -24 +25 @@ oslo.context>=0.2.0 # Apache-2.0
-oslo.db>=3.2.0 # Apache-2.0
+oslo.db>=4.1.0 # Apache-2.0
@@ -26,2 +27,2 @@ oslo.rootwrap>=2.0.0 # Apache-2.0
-oslo.i18n>=1.5.0 # Apache-2.0
-oslo.log>=1.12.0 # Apache-2.0
+oslo.i18n>=2.1.0 # Apache-2.0
+oslo.log>=1.14.0 # Apache-2.0
@@ -31,7 +32,7 @@ oslo.serialization>=1.10.0 # Apache-2.0
-oslo.service>=0.12.0 # Apache-2.0
-oslo.utils>=2.8.0 # Apache-2.0
-pecan>=1.0.0
-requests>=2.8.1
-six>=1.9.0
-jsonpatch>=1.1
-WSME>=0.8
+oslo.service>=1.0.0 # Apache-2.0
+oslo.utils>=3.5.0 # Apache-2.0
+pecan>=1.0.0 # BSD
+requests!=2.9.0,>=2.8.1 # Apache-2.0
+six>=1.9.0 # MIT
+jsonpatch>=1.1 # BSD
+WSME>=0.8 # MIT
@@ -39,2 +40,2 @@ Jinja2>=2.8 # BSD License (3 clause)
-keystonemiddleware!=2.4.0,>=2.0.0
-oslo.messaging!=2.8.0,>2.6.1 # Apache-2.0
+keystonemiddleware!=4.1.0,>=4.0.0 # Apache-2.0
+oslo.messaging>=4.0.0 # Apache-2.0
@@ -42,3 +43,4 @@ retrying!=1.3.0,>=1.2.3 # Apache-2.0
-oslo.versionedobjects>=0.13.0
-jsonschema!=2.5.0,<3.0.0,>=2.0.0
-psutil<2.0.0,>=1.1.1
+oslo.versionedobjects>=1.5.0 # Apache-2.0
+jsonschema!=2.5.0,<3.0.0,>=2.0.0 # MIT
+psutil<2.0.0,>=1.1.1 # BSD
+futurist>=0.11.0 # Apache-2.0
diff --git a/test-requirements.txt b/test-requirements.txt
index beb1974..bc4cb6f 100644
--- a/test-requirements.txt
+++ b/test-requirements.txt
@@ -5,4 +5,5 @@ hacking<0.11,>=0.10.0
-coverage>=3.6
-fixtures>=1.3.1
-mock>=1.2
-Babel>=1.3
+coverage>=3.6 # Apache-2.0
+doc8 # Apache-2.0
+fixtures>=1.3.1 # Apache-2.0/BSD
+mock>=1.2 # BSD
+Babel>=1.3 # BSD
@@ -10 +11 @@ PyMySQL>=0.6.2 # MIT License
-iso8601>=0.1.9
+iso8601>=0.1.9 # MIT
@@ -12,7 +13,9 @@ oslotest>=1.10.0 # Apache-2.0
-psycopg2>=2.5
-python-ironicclient>=0.8.0
-python-subunit>=0.0.18
-testtools>=1.4.0
-os-testr>=0.4.1
-testresources>=0.2.4
-testscenarios>=0.4
+psycopg2>=2.5 # LGPL/ZPL
+python-ironicclient>=1.1.0 # Apache-2.0
+python-subunit>=0.0.18 # Apache-2.0/BSD
+testtools>=1.4.0 # MIT
+os-testr>=0.4.1 # Apache-2.0
+testresources>=0.2.4 # Apache-2.0/BSD
+testscenarios>=0.4 # Apache-2.0/BSD
+WebTest>=2.0 # MIT
+bashate>=0.2 # Apache-2.0
@@ -21,3 +24,3 @@ testscenarios>=0.4
-sphinx!=1.2.0,!=1.3b1,<1.3,>=1.1.2
-sphinxcontrib-pecanwsme>=0.8
-sphinxcontrib-seqdiag
+sphinx!=1.2.0,!=1.3b1,<1.3,>=1.1.2 # BSD
+sphinxcontrib-pecanwsme>=0.8 # Apache-2.0
+sphinxcontrib-seqdiag # BSD