[openstack-announce] End of life for managed stable/icehouse branches

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 2 03:32:13 UTC 2015

Per the Icehouse EOL discussion[1] last month, now that the final
2014.1.5 release[2] is behind us I have followed our usual end of
life steps for stable/icehouse branches on repos under the control
of the OpenStack Release Cycle Management project-team.
Specifically, for any repos with the release:managed[3] tag,
icehouse-specific test jobs were removed from our CI system and all
open change reviews were abandoned for stable/icehouse. Then the
final states of the branches were tagged as "icehouse-eol" and the
branches subsequently deleted.

The specific list of 25 Git repositories on which this action was
taken (release:managed projects with stable/icehouse branches, but
also devstack, grenade and oslo-incubator at the request of the QA
and Oslo project-teams) is:

    - openstack-dev/devstack
    - openstack-dev/grenade
    - openstack/ceilometer
    - openstack/cinder
    - openstack/designate
    - openstack/glance
    - openstack/heat
    - openstack/horizon
    - openstack/ironic
    - openstack/keystone
    - openstack/neutron
    - openstack/neutron-fwaas
    - openstack/neutron-lbaas
    - openstack/neutron-vpnaas
    - openstack/nova
    - openstack/oslo-incubator
    - openstack/oslo.messaging
    - openstack/oslo.vmware
    - openstack/pycadf
    - openstack/python-ceilometerclient
    - openstack/python-keystoneclient
    - openstack/sahara
    - openstack/swift
    - openstack/trove
    - openstack/zaqar

An additional 50 repos[4] still have stable/icehouse branches. If
the maintainers of any of those wish to have them deleted, please
get in touch with the OpenStack Project Infrastructure project-team
either in the #openstack-infra IRC channel on Freenode or through
the openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org mailing list.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-June/065799.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-announce/2015-June/000372.html
[3] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/release_managed.html