[openstack-announce] Old stable/grizzly branches removed as of March 30, 2014

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 2 12:58:28 UTC 2014

Based on discussion[1] at the Icehouse Summit in Hong Kong, official
support for stable/grizzly branches of OpenStack projects reached
end of life and was frozen on March 6, 2014 (coincident with the
icehouse-3 milestone). We kept these branches around for the
scheduled 2013.1.5 stable point release[2] on March 20, 2014, and
then tagged them "grizzly-eol" and deleted them from official Git
repositories on March 30, 2014. At that time, all related provisions
within our testing infrastructure for these branches were removed in
preparation for upcoming stable/icehouse branch testing.

My apologies for the delayed notice on the branch deletion, in case
anyone was caught off guard by it.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-havana-ideas
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-announce/2014-March/000209.html

--