[legal-discuss] OpenStack brand and docs site

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Tue Mar 31 15:59:53 UTC 2015

Hi Anne,

For questions around a specific use of the trademark, it’s best to contact us directly. You can open a ticket with an email to logo at openstack.org and we will work with our legal team to determine the right way to handle it. I’ll also try to join the TC meeting today.

One general comment though is that the Powered and Compatible licensing programs would not apply. Those are meant for commercial use and are generally implemented by downstream products and services.

Thanks for thinking through these implications,

Jonathan