[legal-discuss] License for design specifications (blueprints)

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 17:06:36 UTC 2014

The Nova project is looking to move the content of design specifications
to a git repository for the Juno development cycle [1].  The contents of
this repository will not be code.  It will primarily be documentation.

Right now we put the Apache 2 LICENSE file in the repository and have
the same license header in the template used for specifications.

  http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova-specs/tree/LICENSE
  http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova-specs/tree/template.rst

Is this licensing the proper choice here?  If not, what should we use
instead?

Thanks,

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-March/030576.html