[legal-discuss] 3-clause BSD license, Celery

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 2 17:49:22 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-02 12:00:44 -0500 (-0500), Russell Bryant wrote:
> While reviewing an incubation request for a new project, Barbican
> [1], I see that it would be adding a new dependency, Celery. As
> noted below, Celery uses the 3-clause BSD license.
[...]

It's worth noting that the version of celery distributed on PyPI is
a major version ahead of what's carried in Debian/Ubuntu currently,
and between those versions they switched some of the contents of the
source repository (notably all their documentation) to a
non-commercial license... so it may be quite some time before
distributions which care about free documentation will be carrying
anywhere near as recent of a version as we'd be testing with in our
infrastructure.
--
Jeremy Stanley