[legal-discuss] NOTICE files

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Apr 29 01:49:09 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-28 18:13:14 -0700 (-0700), Monty Taylor wrote:
[...]
> I would vote in favor of not having Foundation employees assign
> their copyright to the Foundation
[...]

That's a great point--it's not entirely clear to me that there's any
particular benefit to the community to having the output of
foundation staff treated as work-for-hire. On the other hand, we
represent a small enough percentage of the ATCs that it's probably
not worth the effort to put to a vote either. But you're right... it
does have the potential to create some confusion for other
contributors who see that copyright in a file and assume something
akin to an FSF-style assignment.
--
Jeremy Stanley