[Interop-wg] Does My App or Tool Work on OpenStack Cloud X? Use RefStack to Find Out

Egle Sigler egle.sigler at rackspace.com
Fri May 5 04:26:29 UTC 2017

When you have developed your application against an OpenStack and want to move to another cloud, you want to find out how compatible it is? If you are using a tool to manage your application landscape in one cloud, how do you get an idea of the compatibility of an OpenStack cloud with this tool?
The answer is Tempest and RefStack.
RefStack has traditionally been used to collect results from tempest runs and compare against the OpenStack Powered (fka Defcore) guidelines. This is great and ensures a base level of interoperability between the passing cloud implementations.
RefStack has planned to support custom guidelines recently. This allows you to create guidelines that match the needs of your application or tool -- use it to find out whether a cloud is suitable for you.
The presentation will give you an overview how to develop guidelines and use RefStack custom guidelines to give you the answers. We will look at some real world examples and discuss benefits and todos.