[Interop-wg] Dev discussion on Tempest tests for Trademarks (Interop guideline tests), plugins, etc. relevant to Interop WG

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Jun 6 23:15:40 UTC 2017

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017, Rochelle Grober wrote:

> I wanted to make you aware of a very active set of discussions
> happening on the dev ML about tempest tests, test plugins, etc.
> that headed off into a discussion of tests for Interop Guidelines
> and Trademarks.  There is some confusion about what we are
> currently working on, our direction(s), etc. but the discussion
> also brings up points that we may be unclear on.  I think we all
> need to review these messages and have a discussion (or three)
> about these and draft an “official” response (that is a group
> backed response), or possibly even craft a resolution, similar to
> the governance resolution and open it for comments and discussion
> on Gerrit.  I have no answers at the moment, but I believe we need
> to respond to this both on the mailing list and in actions that
> get communications happening between Devs, Interop and Ops groups.

Thanks for pointing at this stuff Rocky, I was hoping someone
from the Interop group would step in with some real input so the
speculation can stop.

>From my perspective I would be particularly interested to know if
the group feels that tempest plugins (and having them in separate
repos) is a useful tool in general and something they prefer for
their own tests. And the usual "why" or "why not" context.

--
Chris Dent                  ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)       https://anticdent.org/