[Interop-wg] Fw: Project mascot update for Interop

Tong Li litong01 at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 30 16:58:21 UTC 2017

Egle, thanks a lot for your response. Now I am very comfortable to explain
to the people what it means and will use in presentations once it is all
approved by foundation.

Thanks.

Tong Li
IBM Open Technology
Building 501/B205
litong01 at us.ibm.com

From:	Egle Sigler <egle.sigler at rackspace.com>
To:	Tong Li/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS, Egle Sigler <ushnishtha at hotmail.com>
Cc:	"interop-wg at lists.openstack.org"
            <interop-wg at lists.openstack.org>
Date:	01/30/2017 11:41 AM
Subject:	Re: [Interop-wg] Fw: Project mascot update for Interop

Hello Tong Li,

Originally, we had selected oak tree as a mascot, but there is another
openstack project with a similar name and we were worried that it would be
too confusing, so we asked the foundation to change it to the onion. I
think the analogy we used was that interoperability is many-layered, like
onion.

Here is more info about OpenStack project mascots:
https://www.openstack.org/project-mascots/

"We want to promote OpenStack’s projects and their benefits with fresh new
visuals to represent them. Project teams now have an opportunity to select
a mascot to show their project’s capabilities and personality.
  The idea is to create a family of logos for OpenStack projects that are
 unique, yet immediately identifiable as part of OpenStack. We’ll be using
these logos to promote your project on the OpenStack website, at the Summit
                        and in marketing materials.
   Any official OpenStack project in the big tent can have its own logo.
  Project teams pick an animal or natural feature as their mascot, and a
   professional illustrator will create their logo in a consistent style
                             across projects.”

Thank you,
Egle