[Interop-wg] Question regarding DefCore 2016.08

Catherine Cuong Diep cdiep at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 19 19:50:20 UTC 2017

Hi Kurt,

There are 2 discussion points regarding volume attach/detach support:

   Whether it is a common implementation that public cloud does not allow
   users to attach/detach volume to an instant.
   Volume detach/attach support  is via Nova or Cinder.

Your note indicates that your public cloud does allow users to
attach/detach volume to an instant.  Seems like CT Cloud Platform [1]  (an
other public cloud) also supports this feature since it passed the 2017.08
guideline.

[1]
https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/public-clouds/china-telecom/ct-cloud-platform

Catherine Diep