[Interop-wg] Question regarding DefCore 2016.08

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 02:31:07 UTC 2017

Resend the information about our problems to the list.

The problem we found is regarding networking part in 2016.08 and probably
also in 2017.01, specifically:

1. networks-l2-CRUD:

   - tempest.api.network.test_ports.PortsTestJSON.test_create_port_with_no_
   securitygroups
   - tempest.api.network.test_ports.PortsTestJSON.test_
   create_show_delete_port_user_defined_mac

*Our problem is that in our public cloud implementation, we mandate that
port creation must have security groups designated, and **at the moment all
the mac address are pre-allocated and not up to the user to define.*

2. volumes_action related rules:

   -
   tempest.api.volume.test_volumes_actions.VolumesV2ActionsTest.test_attach_detach_volume_to_instance
   -
   tempest.api.volume.test_volumes_actions.VolumesV2ActionsTest.test_get_volume_attachment
   -
   tempest.api.volume.test_volumes_actions.VolumesV2ActionsTest.test_reserve_unreserve_volume
   -
   tempest.api.volume.test_volumes_actions.VolumesV2ActionsTest.test_volume_bootable
   -
   tempest.api.volume.test_volumes_actions.VolumesV2ActionsTest.test_volume_readonly_update

*The problem for us is that in our public cloud implementation,
volumes_action related operations are only internally used for inter-module
calls (e.g between Nova and Cinder) or Admin ops, but not for directly
usage by the tenants/users.*

In summary our problems have to do with our public cloud requirements, i'm
not sure if these are reasonable questions for defcore guideline as well as
if these are suit for flagging ?

Email: zhipengh at uci.edu