[Interop-wg] FW: [openstack-dev] [glance][tempest][api] community images, tempest tests, and API stability

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:26:39 UTC 2017

On 1/16/17 9:46 PM, Rochelle Grober wrote:
> Hey guys.  Just a heads up that for Ocata, some glance functionality will change in a backwards incompatible way, but it's a very important change.  That said, the related tempest test(s) will change, too.

Thanks for sending this out, Rocky.  The current status is that the
change isn't merged yet; I believe that we've worked things out with the
QA/tempest team, and it will go through, but the fact is that as of
right now it has not.  The patch to watch is
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/369110/

(My +2 comment on patch set 58 explains the process we're going through
with the QA/tempest team.)

The change is explained in detail in the spec, in the "other end user
impact" section.  My impression, however, is that no one wants to read
the spec.  So my plan is to put up a patch for the release note for this
change as soon as it's merged, and ask on the operators list for
reviews, so hopefully the change will be completely clear and operators'
questions will be answered before the release.