[Enterprise] Spinoff Workload Reference Architecture

Sun, Yih Leong yih.leong.sun at intel.com
Tue Nov 8 18:47:47 UTC 2016

Hi all,

There was a discussion in the Enterprise WG (EWG) BoF session at Barcelona about the potential to spinoff a "Workload Reference Architecture Working Group" out from EWG.

I would like to hear your opinion/perspective.

Today, the EWG sub-team has delivered Web Application and Big Data and are now available at openstack.org [1]. This is a first step.
The ecommerce is still in progress and we are looking at delivering more in Ocata and Pike cycle (such as RDBMS Oracle, SAP Hana, CI/CD, Container/Kubernetes, HPC, Media Transcoding, etc). This will be an ongoing effort to build/share more workloads and also enhancing/improving existing one.

These reference architecture will identify/outline/recommend OpenStack components/services that can be used and how to use to support the workload. Every workload architecture is associated with a sample demonstration code (e.g. Heat template, Murano, etc) so that users can learn/adapt from the sample code.

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

[1] http://www.openstack.org/software/sample-configs

Thanks!
---
Yih Leong Sun, PhD
Senior Software Cloud Architect | SSG OTC Cloud & Networking System Engineering (CNE)| +1 503 264 0610