[Enterprise] [User-committee] Results Presentation: Operator Information Needs (please forward as appropriate)

David F Flanders flanders at openstack.org
Tue Aug 9 04:47:25 UTC 2016

Great to hear Piet and Danielle,

This work really important as the user-committee continues to go from
strength to strength (hat tip to Edgar + UC board for their epic efforts
planning WGs in Barcelona as well).  Great to have discussions happening
this early out as WG plan their next cycle of work.

As to @Piet could I ask for the key points from the Ops UX study to be
posted on this mailing list as I feel this work will be important for most
of the WGs, especially as further UX work is being scoped for AppDev.

Best, Flanders

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Kruithof Jr, Pieter <
pieter.kruithof.jr at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Danielle Mundle is giving a presentation on Friday at 14:00 UTC to
> discuss the results from a series of interviews to understand how
> operators would like to consume information, such as docs, for their
> OpenStack deployments.
>
> Here is a description of the study:
>
> "OpenStack Operators have to make important decisions quickly. They have a
> vast range of resources on how to design, deploy, and manage OpenStack at
> their disposal. So what do they do when their production environment goes
> down despite their best efforts, and their jobs are on the line?  That's
> what we wanted to find out.
>
> The OpenStack UX and Documentation teams have conducted interviews that
> aims to give an insight into real-word problem solving, so that we can
> develop useful, streamlined solutions for operators."
>

> We wanted to invite you attend!  The meeting details are below:
>
> JOIN WEBEX MEETING
> https://mcafee.webex.com/mcafee/j.php?MTID=m8bb34e7b4aeab08b1d05178330111
> 2b0
> Meeting number: 923 772 473
>
> JOIN BY PHONE
> 1-855-244-8681 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
> 1-650-479-3207 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
> Access code: 923 772 473
>
> Global call-in numbers:
> https://mcafee.webex.com/mcafee/globalcallin.php?
> serviceType=MC&ED=472621362&tollFree=1
>
> Toll-free dialing restrictions:
> https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
>

> --
> Piet Kruithof
> Sr User Experience Architect, Intel OTC
> PTL, OpenStack UX Project
>
> Mobile: 512 576-2844
> IRC: piet

Flanders | OpenStack Foundation | Community Manager (Cloud Application
Communities)
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/meet-openstack-s-community-wrangler-david-flanders